Homeowner Empowerment Intern
SOS is looking to hire a new staff position beginning September 2012. We are looking to bring on an intern who will help us as we seek to grow in the area of homeowner empowerment. This position will assist us in developing several new initiatives including:
- A system of two way exchange for our homeowners – how can they contribute towards the work being done on their home in a way that affirms their dignity?
- A better follow-up system – how can we stay in touch with our homeowners to encourage them and keep them connected to the SOS community?
- A plan for targeting specific areas of our neighborhoods – how can we make be more strategic in home selection, etc.?
This internship will be a part of the SOS Academy – our one-year internship for 19-26 year olds. So, in addition to working full time at SOS, this intern will
- Build community doing life with the other SOS Academy interns
- Live incarnationally in Binghampton, an urban poor neighborhood in Memphis, TN
- Grow spiritually as they are discipled and trained by SOS staff and community leaders
- Participate in an overseas mission trip
- Gain practical, real life experience working among the urban poor with a successful non-profit
This is a support raising position. However, SOS will provide housing. Position begins September 4, 2012 and ends August 6, 2013. Applications are due by June 15, 2012.
For more information about this internship, contact Philip Walkley – email@example.com. Or you can visit our Academy page to find out more information about the program.